When visiting this site, a record of your visit is logged and information automatically recorded for statistical purposes to enable us to improve this site and our services. This information does not identify you personally nor do we track information about individuals and their visits. Your browser supplies the following information.
- The user's Internet domain (e.g. "xcompany.com.au" if you use a private Internet access account, or "yourschool.edu.au" if you connect from a university's domain) and IP address from which you access our website.
- The type of browser used (e.g. Internet Explorer V 4.0).
- The user's operating system (e.g. Windows, Mac etc).
- The date and time you access this site.
- The pages you visit and the documents downloaded.
- If you linked to the NDLERF website from another website, the address of that website.
No attempt will be made to identify users or their browsing activities except where otherwise required by law. For example in the unlikely event of an investigation, a law enforcement agency may exercise their legal authority to inspect the service provider's logs.
Collection of personal information
Personal information collected by us, for example the use of an online form, will only:
- be collected by lawful and fair means;
- be used for lawful purposes;
- be collected with your consent; and
- be used for the purpose it is collected.
Use of information Collected
If you e-mail us:
- we will record your e-mail address;
- we will only use your e-mail address for the purpose for which you provide it;
- it will not be added to a mailing list unless requested by you; and
- we will not disclose it without your consent.
We do not provide your information to any private organisation nor collect information for commercial marketing.
NDLERF's guidelines on privacy are in accordance with the Information Privacy Principles of the Commonwealth Privacy Act.
Once NDLERF receives information from you either via e-mail or any other means the information is in a secure environment. Your personal information will not be released unless the law permits it or your permission is granted.
You need to be aware of inherent risks associated with the transmission of information via the Internet.
If you have concerns in this regard, NDLERF has alternative methods of obtaining and providing information. Normal mail, telephone and fax facilities are always available if you desire.
If you have further concerns regarding our privacy guidelines please contact us either directly for advice or via our e-mail.
You may also obtain further information from the Office of the Federal Privacy Commissioner website, www.privacy.gov.au
Links to Other Sites